Alfreton Masonic Hall was originally built as a library in 1938 by an American Philanthropist named Robert Watchorn who was born in Alfreton and emigrated to the USA in his early teens. He made his fortune before returning to England and in the 1930’s he bought up and demolished the row of back to back miner’s houses where he was born. He then built the Watchorn Methodist Church, a substantial number of houses, and the Abraham Lincoln Library as an educational facility for Alfreton.
The Library was purchased in 1972 from the Robert Watchorn Trust, and now serves as the home for a number of Masonic Lodges.
The Hall is situated close to the M1 motorway and A38 trunk Road, and is available to hire for meetings and functions.
Find out More by visiting their website at https://alfretonmasonichall.org.uk/